September 19th, 2016: Day 1 at US F18 Nationals has not turned out to be a good day of sailing for the F18 sailors. The day started off with a nice front moving through with a lot of rain and lightning/thunder. Therefore Race Committee had to put up a postponement until 2pm.
Well 2pm came around and the front has almost pushed through, but the wind of course went with it. Finally the Race Committee put down the AP flag around 4pm and it was time for the races to begin. We all got off the starting line and after the first lap the wind completely shut down. Race Committee fortunately called the race off and there were some paddling races back in for the keg.
Let’s hope for better weather for the rest of the week.